Let’s rethink plastic
Rethink Plastic is an alliance of leading European NGOs, with thousands of active groups, supporters and citizens in every EU Member State.
We bring together policy and technical expertise from a variety of relevant fields, and work with European policy-makers to design and deliver policy solutions for a future that is free from plastic pollution.
We are part of the global Break Free From Plastic movement, along with over 2000 groups and millions of citizens worldwide.
Plastic is one of the fastest growing pollutants in the world. The way we currently design, produce and consume plastics is both unsustainable and inefficient. European citizens are increasingly concerned about plastic pollution, and expect the European Union to show leadership and tackle the crisis at source. Urgent measures are needed in 3 key areas: reduction of plastic production and consumption, better design of plastic products to be safe and sustainable, and better management of plastic waste.
Our coordination team
- Delphine Lévi AlvarèsCoordinator of the Rethink Plastic alliance and European Coordinator of Break Free From Plastic
- Justine MaillotPolicy Coordinator of the Rethink Plastic alliance
- Niamh CullenCommunications Coordinator
- Ana OliveiraCommunications Advisor
Our campaigners and policy experts
- Christina DixonSenior Ocean Campaigner - EIA
- Elise VitaliProject Officer on Chemicals - EEB
- Frédérique MongodinSenior Policy Officer, Marine Pollution - Seas at Risk
- Gaëlle HautEU affairs project manager - SFE
- Giulia CarliniStaff Attorney, Environmental Health Program - CIEL
- Hélène DuguyLawyer, Chemicals - ClientEarth
- Ioana PopescuSenior Programme Manager - ECOS
- Janek VahkClimate, Energy and Air Pollution Coordinator - ZWE
- Jean-Pierre SchweitzerPolicy Officer on Products and Circular Economy - EEB
- Kevin StairsAdvisor - Greenpeace
- Larissa Copello de SouzaConsumption and Production Campaigner - ZWE
- Pierre CondamineWaste Policy Officer - ZWE
- Samy PorteronProgramme Manager - ECOS
- Tatiana LujanPlastics Lead Lawyer - ClientEarth
- Tatiana SantosSenior Policy Officer, Chemicals & Nanotechnology - EEB
- Tim GrabielSenior Lawyer - EIA
- Tom GammageOcean Campaigner - EIA